Email Marketing is one of the most powerful eCommerce marketing tools to engage prospects & customers and transforming them into prospective clients.
E-Commerce email marketing is the art and science of using email to generate sales for your store. It is all about building relationships. While approaching email marketing for online retailers, you can:
>>> create better promotions that sell more product.
>>> nurture your subscribers better, which will lead to more long term sales.
>>> segment your database more effectively, which will (once again) generate more sales.
According to Custora, email marketing accounts for approximately 7 percent of all eCommerce user acquisitions, making it second only to search (15.8 percent).
Learn some strategies to implement in your email marketing & boost your E-Commerce site’s revenue
- Choosing the best E-Commerce Email Marketing Software: Most email marketing software isn’t ideal for eCommerce companies — usually because most email marketing software is simple.In other words, using the right email marketing software for your store is very essential to make your store go a long way while capturing the potential revenue.
- Do Reward Your Customers for Reviewing the Product They’ve Bought via Email: Believe me, this will surely help you to enhance your sales as well develop a sound connection with your customer. Many ecommerce sites have been using this marketing tactics to enhance their growth. For instance, I have been reviewing products of Purplle- a popular cosmetic ecommerce site. Every time i review their products, I get rewarded with discount coupons that actually pushes me up to shop again with Purplle so as to redeem the offer I got. Thus, Rewards and loyalty programs are very popular because they incentivise your customers to purchase more frequently.
- Learn Basic Email marketing Tools: Litmus, an email marketing tool, discovered you have only 4 seconds to capture someone’s attention and get them to open and read your email. Just make use of that “4 Seconds”. So all you need a perfect & catchy subject line!!
- Give a Personalize Touch to the Email: Personalize your emails with someone’s name. This would get people’s attention quicker.
- Confirmation/Thank You Email: Another very obvious email to send out is the confirmation and thank you email. Whenever a customer places an order, you’ll need to send them the details of their purchase and thank them for being a customer.
- Ask for Purchase Experience Feedback, Initiate Special Offers: Special offer emails can drive a serious amount of traffic and sales to your store. Use these tactics frequently to personalize your connection with your customers. Also, don’t forget to ask the customer about their post purchase experience or feedback.
- Run Campaigns For Birthdays & Anniversaries : Personalized birthday mailings significantly boost up the seller-buyer connection. What you should do is:
>>> Send an email to current customers asking to update their account with birthday information
>>> Send an email to customers on their birthday with a personalized offer
- Turn your likes into leads with social contests: Social Contests should be part of every social media marketer’s toolkit. Running a contest on social media sites is one of the most rapid, affordable and scalable tactics for engaging your customers, capturing new leads while automatically building your fan base.
I hope this list helps you in your ecommerce marketing journey and will boost up your ecommerce business together with your confidence.